Cengage Learning - Nonexistent customer support
Cengage is terrible. Wal-Mart offers better customer service than Cengage does.
I was never able to get in touch with anyone on the phone at Cengage. I also had to really search for their phone number, because it seems as though Cengage doesn't want you to contact them. I like their nice little "24/7 SUPPORT" tagline along with an image of a phone on the bottom on their webpage, because when you click on it, it only opens up menus with Q&A type information and offers NO phone number. 24/7 "support", indeed.
I did manage to find a dysfuntional live chat feature after I opened a "case" on my order, but the live chat agent was just as useless as expected, and only very slowly offered canned responses. Reaching out to them on social media does nothing.
I don't see how it's legal to give people such a run-around.
I paid with PayPal, so I will file a dispute through them to get my money back. If that fails, I will file a chargeback with my bank, which also costs the business a fee. Cengage will not get a single penny from me.
More Review Details
|Scholarship, Grants and Programs|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
What I disliked
- No customer service
- Difficult to contact
- Limited or no options to contact customer support
- Misleading information on website
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I RECENTLY WAS DROPED FROM MY LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE DUE THAT MY HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA WAS NOT RECONIZED AND IT WAS NOT VALID, IAM VERY UPSET WITH STRATFORD CAREER INSTITUTE..."
- "Many people in the permaculture community have had similar experiences with Nicholas Burtner. Ranging from arrogance and a know-it-all attitude (sadly without knowing it all) to a picture of Jesus..."
- "As a community college student, clearly I'm not swimming in money; I'm TRYING to complete a simple 2 year degree at a community college to go to a University so..."
- "I bought products from this company from a vendor they had in the mall. I spent $129 which was a 'great deal' but, after testing the products I thought why..."
- "I purchased several cloth calendars from Family Dollar at Christmas time annually for years. They are they year in one cloth calendars with a string and a dowel rod to..."
- "Drive With Pride - August 2016 Mini Cooper 2010- Had Check Engine light come on when driving vehicle home. Tried to return car, as stated below “72” hour buy back..."
- "5/14/12- Saturday my mom sent me a picture of what was supposed to be a bouquet I sent for mother's day yesterday. It was no where near what the picture..."
- "Denied - for no reason. I meet all of their requirements but was denied a membership. I gave them my social security number, address, photo of my license, photo of..."
- "Thank you for your review. Actually, the UrineOut Powder IS doing it's job. It's bringing or "wicking" all of the old urine that is DEEP in the carpet,..."